Wednesday 28 June 2017

Day 28   Checking Chris's Gites for rental.                                

Date:  Monday 26  June 2017       Weather:  Slightly overcast 22'C   Mile:  000 /

Mike didn’t wake till 0900hrs. The others were on the terrace enjoying a cuppa. It was overcast and despite it being 19’C felt chilly. After breakfast Angie drove Jackie and I to the nurses’ office where I had to pay my E100 bill for the days the nurses came to inject me and pull the staples. Had to be cash. No credit card. Another receipt for the insurance company. I’m beginning to amass quite a folder full. I expect a few more on Thursday when I visit Dr Sodji for my final check!

For now we were headed to the other side of the valley to visit some Gites that Christopher an English guy was renovating and offering for rental. www.Jacarutu.com
We had walked past here over the years as they lay exactly on ‘Le Sentier de la Buis’. This guy lived on his own but what a great job he had done to date with the conversions. He had a single, a double and a second double set of gites either completed or almost. A huge barn and a hectare of grounds for camping including a veg plot. A mammoth task to keep attended and working on his own. After he had proudly shown us around he produced a marrow for Angie and we were on our way back to check on Tom whom we had left strimming earlier. A quick cuppa and it was all hands to the tractor and rack to gather up the offcuts of hedge. Mike was detailed off to sit on the terrace and supervise.